Pages

Sunday 9 November 2014

The Christmas Tag

Now I don't know about you, but for me as soon as Halloween is over, Christmas has officially begun. Especially seeing as that's when all the Christmas adverts start - Monty the John Lewis penguin anyone? *cries* I think I drive my family mad from the 1st November because all I seem to talk about is Christmas; what I'm going to buy people, what treats I'm going to bake, what we'll be eating on Christmas Day, what the chances are of snow, when can we put the decorations up, which festive costume to dress the dog in this year, and worst of all according to my mum: I tend to play Michael BublĂ©'s Christmas album on repeat.

Unfortunately it's still just a liiiiittle bit too early for me to start putting the decorations up, so I'm going to get in to the festive spirit in the next best way; with the Christmas tag, and online Christmas present shopping, ah lovely. (And maybe playing that Michael Bublé album just low enough so my mum doesn't hear it..)



1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie?
I love so many of them but I think my top 3 would have to be The Grinch, A Nightmare Before Christmas (combining my two favourite times of the year, Halloween and Christmas - what could possibly be better!?) and an absolute classic, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
On Christmas morning right after breakfast (and after someone has done the washing up). Me and my brother always open our stockings before breakfast because we have zero self control and can't wait a minute longer to open them because you know PRESENTS!!! That's right we still get stockings at 22 and 23, life is sweet!


3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I think it's definitely when me and my brother were littluns and my parents would shoo us away upstairs for a few hours while they would go all out on decorating the house, and after hours of painstakingly waiting we'd be called down and go running from our little perch right on the top of the stairs (kids eh, so impatient) into this amazing Christmassy wonderland where we'd munch on treats and watch festive films until the big day.

4. Favourite festive food?
Obviously my all time favourite has to be crispy on the outside fluffy on the inside roast potatoes, amazing, but I've also got a lot of time for the classic tins of Quality Street, and anything gingerbread - cookies, muffins, cakes, lattes, the list is endless and delicious.


5. Favourite Christmas gift?
When I was 6 or 7 I got a bright orange and pink Barbie 4x4 that had a kitchen inside, and most amazing of all the roof came off and became a jet ski, how awesome is that?! I absolutely loved that thing and played with it every day for years, oh the adventures my Barbie's went on, party holidays with Ken and sometimes even Action Man too, what a dream.

6. Favourite Christmas scent?
Christmas dinner cooking, and all of the festively scented candles I love to burn from the minute I wake up.


7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?
Nothing on Christmas Eve apart from a family dinner, we always have a fry up on Christmas morning and Boxing Day, and my grandparents always end up drinking one glass too many of red wine at lunch with hilarious results - my grandma asleep at the table and my grandpa telling awful jokes. We always watch a film in the evening too while munching on cheese and crackers, and mini sausage rolls.

8. What tops your tree?
It changes every few years, when I was younger I think it was an angel but these days it's usually a big glittery star.


9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received?
I'm pretty sure that when I was like 5 I kept asking for a car? What I would have done with it I literally have no idea but it's nice to be prepared for the future right? Right?!

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
Spending time with my family, relaxing, letting go of all my stress and worries and reflecting back on the year. I also love getting Christmas drunk with the relatives, there's really nothing funnier than watching your grandpa trying to throw Quality Street wrappers in your grandmas mouth when she's fallen asleep at the table after lunch.


I think this might just have made me even more excited for Christmas, as if that was even possible! I'd love to hear what your favourite parts of the holiday season are, feel free to copy and paste the questions to post on your own blog, or let me know in the comments. Right, I think it's definitely time for me to start collecting Christmas cookie and cake recipes!

Levi xo

4 comments:

  1. This post has made me even more excited for Christmas, ahhh!!!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it! The fact that The Polar Express is on the telly right now isn't helping matters, I'm in a right Christmassy mood and there's no going back!

      xo

      Delete
  2. I love this tag and I love your answers! :) Now I am even more excited about Christmas!

    www.writingmonique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, it's such a great set of questions right!

      xo

      Delete